Friday, December 23, 2011

Travel Maps

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to one and all.  We hope y'all are happy, healthy, wise and rich but two out of four would be good.


To commemorate the season I wanted to post a picture with Pat and I in the snow.  And then I thought,  WHAT ARE YOU, NUTS?  I hate snow.  Why would I have snow pictures?  I guess it was just a moment of weakness.  In place of a recent snow picture I went back to 2003 to our Alaska trip and found this picture of Pat and I standing on the shore of the Arctic Ocean.  It will have to do.








Since we have been retired, I have kept track of the roads we have traveled on a small atlas.  Because the atlas is small I have been able to only approximate the location of some of the roads and, of course, we have driven on some of the roads more than once.  I have a more accurate view for each state but that would be a bit much for this blog.  You will notice that there are many large "holes" in the maps; areas in which we have not traveled.  This is still a work in progress.  We have many more years of travel to get to where we want to go and then of course there are the many, many places we want to revisit.