Sunday, March 6, 2011

Winter 2010-11

Sally, Pat's sister, came for a visit in Feb.  She got out of Indiana just in time to miss the big storms there. We had a great time showing her around.  We headed north out of town and stopped at an overlook along I-17.





She had always wanted to see a cliff dwelling so we took her to Montezuma Castle near Camp Verde.







Of course, Montezuma Castle in neither a castle nor does it have anything to do with Montezuma but it is a great name anyway.







Yes, no matter what you have heard, Arizona does have some water.  Not much but some.






This is Lake Pleasant, just north of our winter place.  After touring around the lake we drove a dirt road through the mountains and came out near Wickenburg.

One very nice day we went to a park just south of us.  We had a nice hike and a picnic lunch. 






 The time Sally was here seamed really short so we hope she will come back next winter.

I tried gardening this year.  I planted some tomatoes and had some success.  At least they are much better that what we can buy.













I got to go.  It is time for a big BLT.

Later

John