This sculpture is somehow disturbing but I cannot quite put my finger on how or why. I guess that is the mark of a good piece of art.
We moved down to another of our membership parks near La Conner, WA which is near Mt. Vernon. There is always a big pickleball gathering there at that time of year so we had a great visit with many of our friends. After a few more days of rest we were looking for something to do. We were driving down Whidbey Island and decided that some target shooting would be fun.
I missed. After 3 weeks at La Conner we headed to Bend, OR , spent a week or so there and then headed southeast. One of our overnight stops was at Lake Abert. Southeast Oregon is a vast, high desert with wide open spaces, beautiful big skies and very few people. One of my favorite places.
We continued on southeast toward our next destination of central Utah.
Later
John